- Connaught Private Nursing Homes
- Leinster Private Nursing Homes
- Munster Private Nursing Homes
- Ulster Private Nursing Homes
Private Nursing Homes in Ireland
Please select from the Provincial listings above to view the individual Counties
The Fit-person Entry Programme is based on the National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland and is a tool for providers to self-assess their fitness to provide the service.Under section 50(1)(a) of the Health Act 2007, registered providers and others who participate in the management of the designated centre must be fit to do so. As a provider you must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Authority that you are suitable or fit for the role. The Fit-person Entry Programme is in the format of a programme with defined learning outcomes and self-assessment activities and is designed to be used without the need for any specialist training or additional resources. The Programme takes a participative approach by encouraging the provider to reflect on and consider their experience, competence and knowledge, together with their staff and residents. Its purpose is to prompt the provider, to:
• Consider the National Quality Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland as a guide on how to provide, and continually improve care services.
• Assess the way in which the centre is operated.
• Identify gaps in the services of the centre or areas of learning.
• Increase awareness of changes that need to be made to some areas of practice.
Feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website for further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland .The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Also check out some other useful services: