The above Guide will help to answer queries you may have in dealing with Nursing Homes in Ireland.
For further information feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website.
The address is :
Choosing the care centre that is right for you.
• We recommend that you visit the residential centre you are thinking of. Bring the IrishNursingHomes.ie checklist of useful questions to help you find out as much as possible.
• Arrange a visit and take someone with you to get another view.
Good care providers will welcome questions.
• Talk to some of the people using the residence/facilities and see what they have to say.
• Talk to a trusted doctor or healthcare professional.
• Seek out the opinions and feedback of people who share your concerns, as this can be invaluable.