- > Your Nursing Home Guide >
- Post-Visit Checklist: Do I have all the information I need
- About fees
- Ancillary State Support
- Applications for Registration
- Care Needs Assessment
- Choosing the Care Centre
- Concerns and Complaints
- Cost of Care in approved Facilities
- Financial Assessment
- Fit-person Entry Programme
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garda Vetting Guidelines
- HIQA Nursing Homes Reports
- HSE Nursing Homes Support Offices
- New Service Planning
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme | Fair Deal
- Older People in Residential Settings
- People with Disabilities
- Post-Visit Checklist:
- Pre-Visit Checklist
- Relatives Panel
- Residents and Relatives
- Services for People with Disabilities
- Support Scheme
- The Inspection Process
- Using Care Services
- What is a Nursing Home
- Who is Who during Registration
- Your Contribution to Care
Consider these questions before you make any decision regarding a care provider and think about them after any visit has been arranged:
1. Were they happy to answer all your questions?
2. Was the staff friendly, open and helpful? Did they clearly explain the services they provide?
3. Do you think you would be able to live your life with the freedom to make choices and retain your rights as an individual?
4. Were costs and charges explained clearly?
5. If you are paying for your own care were you offered the standard contract to read during or after your visit?
6. If you asked for a copy of their latest inspection report, was this forthcoming?
7. Were the management and staff happy to let you meet and talk with existing residents?
8. Did the management and staff seem interested in you? Did they encourage questions and ask for your opinions?
If the answer is 'no' to any of these questions, think about why this is. You
are entitled to ask questions and get satisfactory answers so don’t be
shy about going back for more information. Good providers will welcome this.
Post-Visit Checklist: | www.irishnursinghomes.eu
Guide to your Nursing Home
For further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website.The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Also check out some other useful services: