- > Your Nursing Home Guide >
- Information on Fees for Nursing Homes
- About fees
- Ancillary State Support
- Applications for Registration
- Care Needs Assessment
- Choosing the Care Centre
- Concerns and Complaints
- Cost of Care in approved Facilities
- Financial Assessment
- Fit-person Entry Programme
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garda Vetting Guidelines
- HIQA Nursing Homes Reports
- HSE Nursing Homes Support Offices
- New Service Planning
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme | Fair Deal
- Older People in Residential Settings
- People with Disabilities
- Post-Visit Checklist:
- Pre-Visit Checklist
- Relatives Panel
- Residents and Relatives
- Services for People with Disabilities
- Support Scheme
- The Inspection Process
- Using Care Services
- What is a Nursing Home
- Who is Who during Registration
- Your Contribution to Care
Residents of nursing homes and their relatives should note the following:• The Department of Health and Children set the annual fee, per bed, to be paid by nursing home providers to the Authority.
• The annual fee as set out by Regulations made under the Health Act 2007 is €183 per bed.
• This fee is payable directly to the Authority by the registered provider.
The payment of the fee is a matter between the nursing home providers and the Authority.
• The Authority has not, and cannot, invoice individual residents in relation to this fee.
• The fee is not due, or payable, by individual residents or families.
• The Regulations require that residents are clearly communicated with in relation to the services they receive, this includes matters relating to charges.
• Only fees set out in the contract can be charged by the registered provider. This contract must be agreed between the resident and the service provider within one month of admission to the nursing home.
If you have any questions directly related to the fees, please contact your registered provider or the Department of Health and Children 01 635 4000.
If your query relates to any other issue about the inspection process you can contact the HIQA dedicated advice line 021 240 9660.
About fees | www.irishnursinghomes.eu
Guide to your Nursing Home
For further information on Irish Nursing Homes in Ireland feel free to check out the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) website.The address is http://www.hiqa.ie
Also check out some other useful services: